Advanced Cardiac Imaging using Vevo Strain - Early Detection of Myocardial Deformation using Speckle-tracking Software
What is Strain?
Why Should You Care About Cardiac Strain?
- See cardiac dysfunction early!
- Detect regional abnormalities and tissue deformation to determine disease onset
- Evaluate longitudinal, radial, and circumferential strain
- Measure Dyssynchrony and track disease progression
Conventional 2D echocardiography can measure basic LV function (i.e. area, EF, FS, wall thickness, etc.) for a quick understanding of global cardiac function. For more advanced analysis, speckle tracking algorithms have been developed that harness the high temporal and spatial resolution of ultra high frequency ultrasound.
Our Vevo Strain technology allows for advanced assessment of traditional LV functional parameters as well as global and regional wall motion abnormalities. Myocardial deformation often preceeds onset of changes in EF. Speckle-tracking strain can detect these subtle abnormalities, highlighting early myocardial dysfunction.
Clear differences seen between normal heart (left) and infarcted heart (right)
Perfect For Research in:
- Myocardial Infarction (Determine the severity of the infarct)
- Cardiac hypertrophy (physiological or pathological)
- Diabetic Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiomyopathy secondary to renal disease