Drug Discovery & DevelopmentScreen, analyze and monitor research subjects in vivo - before, during and after drug treatment
In Vivo, Non-Invasive Drug Discovery and Development
Small animal models are now an integral part of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development prior to commercialization. Small animal imaging is an efficient and cost-effective research platform for the timely validation and commercialization of novel drug agents. These technologies are essential to developing an understanding of the underlying mechanisms of conditions such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular, immunological and neurodegenerative diseases.1
In vivo small animal imaging allows researchers to noninvasively screen, analyze and monitor animal models before, during and after experimental intervention or drug administration, resulting in quantitative measurements of study outcomes. Small animal imaging generates more relevant, translatable data from drug discovery and development studies than ex vivo techniques. See how our Vevo imaging systems fit into the drug discovery process below:
Around the globe, Vevo imaging systems are embedded in the the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as integrated, scalable and translatable tools for drug discovery. Micro-ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging solutions from FUJIFILM VisualSonics allow for non-invasive, longitudinal monitoring suited for in vivo studies of efficacy and toxicity in the drug development process.
Explore the possibilities in:
- Biomarker research & investigation
- Interventional procedures
- High-throughput screening in real-time
- Toxicology studies
- Understanding disease onset & progression
- Pre-safety assessment of drug liability
- De-risking of potential therapeutics compounds
- Development of non invasive biomarkers of efficacy and/or injury of drugs
- Turn key imaging protocols to visualize structural, functional or molecular biomarkers in research areas including Cardiovascular, Cancer, Reproductive and more
- Data management - data captured from studies can be managed using VisualSonics iPACS solution
About VisualSonics iPACS:
Webinar presented by Bill Cupelo, inviCRO
We offer an integrated solution to handle the rich and complex data you get from the Vevo Imaging systems. This integrated solution is the result of our partnership with inviCRO to accelerate the process of drug discovery and development. VisualSonics iPACS is an innovative, time-saving, web-based resource designed for imaging labs. It is specifically built to meet the needs of scientists working with data from the FUJIFILM VisualSonics’ Vevo® Imaging Systems. Learn more about VisualSonics iPACS.
1 Applied Clinical Trials: http://www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.com/small-animal-imaging-develops-role-drug-development
Downloaded or access resources related to In Vivo, Non-Invasive Drug Discovery and Development
Preclinical efficacy of bevacizumab with CRLX101, an investigational nanoparticle-drug conjugate, in treatment of metastatic triple-negative breast cancer
Co-option of Liver Vessels and Not Sprouting Angiogenesis Drives Acquired Sorafenib Resistance in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Sequential Drug Release and Enhanced Photothermal and Photoacoustic Effect of Hybrid Reduced Graphene Oxide-Loaded Ultrasmall Gold Nanorod Vesicles for Cancer Therapy
Request a Quote or Demo
Terri Swanson of Pfizer shares the following in her webinar:
"Ultrasound plays a vital role in the drug development process:
- Logitudinal data acquisition can reduce number of animals required per study
- Refined imaging technology is directly translatable to humans
- Ultrasound-derived funtional, morphological and anatomical data can replace invasive measures"
Enjoy the webinar:
Ultrasound Evaluation of Fibrosis In Vivo
Presented by Terri Swanson and Theresa Tuthill from Pfizer.