Pre-Clinical Application Specialist Europe - Amsterdam based (FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc.)
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada with operations in more than 30 countries. European operations are conducted out of Amsterdam, the Netherlands with employees based all over Europe.
You are interested in preclinical science and technology, and like to travel? Please keep on reading:
In this diverse position you will be a vital link between preclinical research, product applications, and sales. Your main task is to provide applications support for existing and new products of VisualSonics through product demonstrations, symposia, customer training, trade shows, distributor support and customer education. In addition you may be involved in the development and support of new products and you may occasionally work with other departments such as Engineering to test products and provide feedback. When assigned, you will assist Marketing by providing materials required to promote our products. This role includes determining and resolving customer satisfaction issues and you may be directly involved in the installation of new equipment as assigned.
This position is under the general direction of the Manager, Scientific Applications with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Sales, Europe.
Our diverse and ambitious team at FujiFilm VisualSonics offers:
- Dedicated training program to help you get started in your new role
- A multicultural work environment
- Exciting opportunities to grow your career
- Support for your development needs through a stringent performance management process
- Numerous training opportunities, including online options; learn anywhere, anytime
- Competitive benefits programs
- Pre Sales Demonstrations
- Provide Pre-Sales demonstrations on the VisualSonics Family of products at designated sites (incl. our Amsterdam office). This support could be pre-sales demonstrations or scientific symposia to support our technology (travel involved).
- Customer Training
- Provide pre-installation and post-installation application support of VisualSonics Family of products - Provide training for our customers on the use of newly acquired equipment both in our European-based training facility and at customer locations (travel involved).
- To organize and run the Vevo Courses held in Amsterdam when assigned.
- Trade Shows
- Required to participate in relevant Trade shows/ user meetings (travel involved).
- Product Enhancement /Development Responsibilities
- Collect and provide feedback for product development (through demo & training reports).
- Assist in evaluating and testing new products and providing marketing material.
- Application-related Protocols/Procedures
- Develop procedure manuals, protocols and training materials when required.
- Application and Science Development
- Work with and maintain strong ties to luminary or partner labs developing new protocols and completing new experiments.
- Supporting distributors when required.
- Other duties as directed by Management
- Travel to and participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as the subject matter expert on high-resolution ultrasound, photoacoustics, imaging techniques and applications.
- Experience with the Vevo product family
- Felasa-C certificate or equivalent
- Experience with a Vevo product
- Excellent knowledge in mouse anatomy and physiology
- Good knowledge in oncology, cardiology and neurobiology
- Good experience with small animal practices and techniques – Animal Care and Handling, including Anaesthesia
- Experience working with ISO 9100 quality standards is desirable
- Experience in medical software and knowledge in imaging applications is an asset
- Good computer skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Additional language skills are an asset;
- Scientific interest
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to travel about 80% of working time as required.
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly and effectively under pressure from time constraints and deadlines;
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Ability to mentor less experienced peers;
- Attention to detail;
- Positive professional attitude, wanting to learn from new and challenging opportunities.
When you want to apply for this position please send us your resume and application letter directly by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions you can contact us on 020-4620005. This vacancy will close when we have found the right candidate.
Any acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated. FujiFilm VisualSonics is an equal opportunity employer.