Error messageAn illegal choice has been detected. Please contact the site administrator.
Drug Discovery & DevelopmentScreen, analyze and monitor research subjects in vivo - before, during and after drug treatment
In Vivo, Non-Invasive Drug Discovery and Development
Small animal models are now an integral part of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development prior to commercialization. Small animal imaging is an efficient and cost-effective research platform for the timely validation and commercialization of novel drug agents. These technologies are essential to developing an understanding of the underlying mechanisms of conditions such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular, immunological and neurodegenerative diseases.1
In vivo small animal imaging allows researchers to noninvasively screen, analyze and monitor animal models before, during and after experimental intervention or drug administration, resulting in quantitative measurements of study outcomes. Small animal imaging generates more relevant, translatable data from drug discovery and development studies than ex vivo techniques. See how our Vevo imaging systems fit into the drug discovery process below:
Around the globe, Vevo imaging systems are embedded in the the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as integrated, scalable and translatable tools for drug discovery. Micro-ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging solutions from FUJIFILM VisualSonics allow for non-invasive, longitudinal monitoring suited for in vivo studies of efficacy and toxicity in the drug development process.
Explore the possibilities in:
- Biomarker research & investigation
- Interventional procedures
- High-throughput screening in real-time
- Toxicology studies
- Understanding disease onset & progression
- Pre-safety assessment of drug liability
- De-risking of potential therapeutics compounds
- Development of non invasive biomarkers of efficacy and/or injury of drugs
- Turn key imaging protocols to visualize structural, functional or molecular biomarkers in research areas including Cardiovascular, Cancer, Reproductive and more
- Data management - data captured from studies can be managed using VisualSonics iPACS solution
1 Applied Clinical Trials: http://www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.com/small-animal-imaging-develops-role-drug-development
Downloaded or access resources related to In Vivo, Non-Invasive Drug Discovery and Development
Ultrastable AgBiS2Hollow Nanospheres with Cancer Cell-Specific Cytotoxicity for Multimodal Tumor Therapy
Bruceantin targets HSP90 to overcome resistance to hormone therapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer
ROS-responsive liposomes with NIR light-triggered doxorubicin release for combinatorial therapy of breast cancer
Dual mitigation of immunosuppression combined with photothermal inhibition for highly effective primary tumor and metastases therapy
Thank you for your patience. Your search results are loading.
Request a Quote or Demo
Terri Swanson of Pfizer shares the following in her webinar:
"Ultrasound plays a vital role in the drug development process:
- Logitudinal data acquisition can reduce number of animals required per study
- Refined imaging technology is directly translatable to humans
- Ultrasound-derived funtional, morphological and anatomical data can replace invasive measures"
Enjoy the webinar:
Ultrasound Evaluation of Fibrosis In Vivo
Presented by Terri Swanson and Theresa Tuthill from Pfizer.